Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have 2 id's on messenger, one for personal and one for work use, and I can't figure out how to change user.

It used to give me a pull down menu, but now it just keeps logging me in on the id I dont want to use. I have a macbook pro. Thanks. Im really good with computers, but this is new to me. I just got the mac...I have 2 id%26039;s on messenger, one for personal and one for work use, and I can%26039;t figure out how to change user.
sounds like auto login has been selected?



let yahoo messenger sign you in, once connected

either keyboard shortcut command+L

or

click on the menu bar (it runs across the top of your screen), it should start with Yahoo! Messenger (then File, Edit, View, Profiles etc), if not go back to the main yahoo messenger window (that has your friends list on it) select it so that it has front focus, now go to your your menu bar, select File, from the drop down menu select Sign Out

your main yahoo messenger window should now return to the login screen, uncheck automatically sign in, now sign in with that account again... this is REALLY important :) once signed in, sign out again, you will return to your main messenger login screen, now enter the ID details you wish to login with, then click Sign in.. now click sign out.. and all should return to normal :)



I'm unsure what version of yahoo messenger for mac you were using but if you wish to remove the other ID permanently, then hit the user directory (from finder, then select your user account), then head to Library then inside look for Preferences, it may be quite a large list but what you're looking for is a file called...

for v2.5.3 of yahoo messenger

com.yahoo.messenger.plist

for v3 of yahoo messenger

com.yahoo.messenger3.plist



double click to open the file (I use property list editor), at the top will be Root, expand the drop down menu

look for LocalUsers, expand the drop down menu

you will see a string for each user

just select the one assigned to your login name, click on your login name itself, at the top of the window look for Delete, click on it and it will remove your details

close the window, at the prompt click Save



or you can delete the file but it will remove all your preference settings :)I have 2 id%26039;s on messenger, one for personal and one for work use, and I can%26039;t figure out how to change user.
first sign out of the current one

click messenger menu%26gt;sign out

now type the second Yahoo! ID and password correctly

click %26quot;sign-in%26quot;
  • what's wrong beside my printer
  • php web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment