Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change user selection on the welcome screen in XP?

When I first used to log on in Windows XP, my user account (the only user account) would automatically be selected for me to type my password in. I do not know what I changed, but one day I started up my computer and the user was not selected anymore. I do not want to have to click on the user name every time I get to the welcome screen. Instead I would like it to have automatically chosen the user and all I would have to do is type my password.How do I change user selection on the welcome screen in XP?
Go to control panel and then click users and you can change it from there.Also check out this site if you are interested in a new computer, www.mjrobotics.com they also have FREE support.How do I change user selection on the welcome screen in XP?
I Thought you always had to select the user name. You might want to check your users account by going to control panel %26gt; users accounts and see if there are any options to modify the welcome screen.

if not then maybe a windows update changed it. If that is the case then maybe something in the registry will allow you to change it back.
  • phone
  • native name
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment