Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I changed User Name on my windows xp, and now apps don't work. Can't change back. Help?

On my Windows XP Home computer, I created an additional User account and made it Admin. I then changed the name of my old Admin User account, and made it limited. Now that I've changed the name, I can't use lots of apps. System Restore, User Accounts, coming up blank screen. I believe the problem is that renaming a User account can cause registry errors, as there are absolute path references to old User--therefore, some loss of functionality in certain apps can happen, especially 3rd party software.

So...does anyone know a workaround as to how I can change the name back, since I can't access the User Account window? Desperately need to get things working again. I hope someone can help.I changed User Name on my windows xp, and now apps don%26039;t work. Can%26039;t change back. Help?
create a user name same as the old one wich you use to install the app,I changed User Name on my windows xp, and now apps don%26039;t work. Can%26039;t change back. Help?
Use your current admin account to access the User accounts and rename your now-limited account. Don't forget to also update the privileges back to admin. You can have more than one admin account.



Renaming an account does not cause registry errors.



Your problems are caused by the lack of privileges inherent to user accounts (non-admin).

No comments:

Post a Comment