Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How To Change User Name?

I sent my computer to HP to have them fix a couple of things (internal/external). Point being, after-wards, they re-imaged the hard drive. They sent it back to me and I turned the computer on and they created a %26quot;test%26quot; account. The computer name was changed to this %26quot;test%26quot; as well. Well I changed the computer name and I changed the user account back to my preferences. Only one problem though. Whenever I go to My computer, click on C:, %26amp; then users, The test is still there. I go to start and run, type cmd, and the directory address is still from the test account. THERE ISN'T A %26quot;tesT%26quot; account. I've changed it. It shouldn't be this any longer. I've restarted and shutdown over and over again after changing the account name over and over, but nothing seems to work. Someone help me out here?



Thanks,

JesseHow To Change User Name?
control panel, user accounts, delete the test account.How To Change User Name?
If you want to change the username (login username), then



start, right click on %26quot;my computer%26quot;, select manage, goto local users (under system tools), select users. find the user test.. right click and select rename..



Note: you can't change the user account name when you are logged in with same user..
  • hair combs
  • things for teenagers to do
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment