Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I change the user name in the paths of my files?

I'd like to change the %26quot;Annabel%26quot; section of all of my file paths:

C:\Users\Annabel\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Animal Collective\Merriweather Post Pavillon



I have already changed the user name in the control panel and the registered owner of the PC.How can I change the user name in the paths of my files?
Then you need to sign-on as the new username and let the directories be automatically created under the %26quot;Documents and Settings%26quot; folder. Then you can move any files from the previous directories to the exact same new ones. Afterwards, when everything is to your liking you can delete the old directories.



You'll also need to re-direct the destination folders in your applications to the new settings.How can I change the user name in the paths of my files?
You have to create a new user with the desired name, and then migrate the profile to that user.



EDIT: Migrating the profile automatically moves the directories and reassigns the correct permissions and owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment