Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change the user on the C drive in windows vista?

I just bought this computer from my little brother. I changed the computer name over to my name and changed the users in the control panel over to my name and it says that I am the administrator. However on the C:drive under users it says my little brothers name as the user and doesn't even have me listed. I can't figure out how to change it from him to me or even delete him as a user. What do I do??How do I change the user on the C drive in windows vista?
Control panel %26gt;%26gt; user accounts %26gt;%26gt; add or remove user accounts.



sounds like you will have to delete the old accounts from that, and then re setup the accounts that you want. That should change the users shown on C, if not dont worry - as they wont be able to gain access.



Also, once you have removed the old account from where i said earlier, you can goto c: %26gt;%26gt; users %26gt;%26gt; and click and delete the folder named 'old user' or whatever his username was.



hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment