Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I change the user name on a computer?

I own a computer that a family member gave me but I want to change the user name from their name to mine. I tried to change it but it won't let me. plz helpHow can I change the user name on a computer?
If it has Windows XP. Then go Start-Control Panel-User Accounts-Change an Account-Click on the current user name-Change My Name...Then just type in a new name, and click %26quot;Change Name%26quot;. Thats it, and the new name you entered will always now be used by Windows.



If it is in a different windows (i.e 98) then it is the same steps!How can I change the user name on a computer?
Go to control panel. Click on user accounts. Click on their name and then on change name.How can I change the user name on a computer?
keep in mind that u must reboot in order for it to take affect. If its just not letting u at all then make sure the account ur logged onto is an administrator account with rights to make changesHow can I change the user name on a computer?
Yeah, its very simple... just go to start, click on the icon next to the name on top of the start window, click on 'home' then click on the name again... its easy and problem free... hav a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment